Our Shipping Procedures
At Doll House Kits Canada, we try our best to ship every order within a 24 hour business period. On odd occurances, an item may become out of stock before the website posts it as such, and a delay may become necessary in shipping. When this occurs we will contact you.
We ship the majority of our orders through the Canadian Postal Service. We have found them to be the most affordable for shipping to the USA and Internationally, and offer us both ground and air shipping.
We pack all of our orders right here in our own studio, keeping a tight reign on quality control. Our orders are shipped insured so there is no risk to our buyers. Delivery standards stated below are approximate, and do not include processing time, customs delays etc. (see diagram below) and for more details please feel free to search the Canadian Postal Service Website, for indepth information. For Basic Shipping Costs Please See Below.
• Most orders leave our warehouse within 24 hours (excluding weekends and holidays) from our Arthur, Ontario, Canada Studios. The exception to this would be doll house kits to be delivered within Ontario. As most of our kits are shipped directly from the factories, shipping time for houses only will take longer than the Ontario delivery standard. Dolls, and miniatures are shipped from our Arthur Studio.
• You may choose either ground or air shipping when you check out of our shopping cart. Prices will be shown at that time, depending on your delivery destination and shipping mode.
• Any duties or taxes that may become applicable within your own country are your responsibility and not covered under our shipping costs.
• If our database estimates your shipping higher than is necessary, we only charge the actual shipping rate to you, but it will never be higher without first contacting you.
• Shipping standard for Shipping Surface to the USA is 6-14 business days.
• Shipping standard for Air Shipping (express) to the USA is 4-10 business days.
• Shipping standard for International Air orders (express) is approx. one week.
• Shipping standard for International Surface orders is approx. 3-12 weeks.
• Shipping standard for shipping within Canada is approx 3-9 business days.
• Shipping standard for shipping within Ontario is approx. 1-2 days.
• We notify you by email when your items have been shipped
PLEASE NOTE: The above delivery standards are set down by Canada Post. We have chosen Canada Post as our primary shipping source, as the costs are much more reasonable than any other method. Small packet rate when applied does not include tracking. If you wish to have tracking included on your order, please notify us. Extra charges will apply. Delays may take place if your parcel is held up in customs. Be sure to leave ample time for delivery as we are not resonsible for time sensitive deliveries. If you wish to have your items shipped via courier, costs will be considerably higher. Thanks for your understanding.
Some dollhouses and doll house kits are large, and must be shipped as oversize shipments. Certain countries will not accept oversize shipments through the post office. The dollhouses that CANNOT be shipped to these countries are clearly marked in their description. The most common countries we cannot ship these houses to include:
• South Africa
• Cayman Islands
• Cook Islands
• British Virgin Islands
Canada Post Information as supplied on the Canada Post website .
Expedited Parcel - U.S.A. has a delivery expectation of 6 to 15 business days between major centres in Canada and major centres in the U.S.A. (Some exceptions apply)
Xpresspost - U.S.A. delivers in 3 to 10 business days. Service standards are based on the day of deposit (day 0) plus the number of business days required for delivery and do not include weekends and statutory holidays. Deposits made on weekends and statutory holidays will be counted as originating on the following business day.
Xpresspost - International delivers in 4 to 7 business days.
Service standards are based on the day of deposit (day 0) plus the number of business days required for delivery and do not include weekends and statutory holidays. Deposits made on weekends and statutory holidays will be counted as originating on the following business day.
ALL DELIVERY STANDARDS ARE WITHOUT GUARANTEE. FOR GUARANTEED DELIVERY PELASE CONTACT US FOR COURIER COSTS. CANADA POST SUPPLIES THESE STANDARDS AS A GUIDE ONLY.